Welcome Debra Jarvis - Feng Shui and the Workplace

This Forum invites a number of experts to be a guest for one week and control discussions on specific topics. The public can gain a great deal of free information from reading the posts, but only members may write posts, add to discussions and ask and answer questions. I hope that everyone enjoys the forums and topics that will be featured.
Barbara Gabogrecan
President

Re: Welcome Debra Jarvis - Feng Shui and the Workplace

Postby Peter O'Connor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:32 am

Hi Debra

Some very interesting points you have raised. Feng Shui sounds just like good housekeeping to me. Keeping things clean and tidy and in good working order (what does the 28 days refer to?).

I do try to keep things tidy, but 99% of the time I fail miserably. I just looked at the clutter on my desk and realised that some of it is dated 2 weeks ago. I also have 2 trays to keep materials etc, but as they are on a shelf behind me, I continually fail to look at them (out of sight.....out of mind). And so the clutter builds.

Hopefully, I will make a clean start of it in the New Year and be able to keep it going. I will certainly refer back to your posts for some much needed inspiration and may even contact you if that's OK.

Here's to the future.

Cheers

Peter
Peter O'Connor, is a retired accountant and is involved with teaching home based businesses how to build and manage their own websites.
http://www.HomeBasedBusinessAustralia.org
Peter O'Connor

Postby Debra Jarvis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi Peter, Appreciate your feedback!

The 28 days is the time in which we say in Feng Shui, that we expect to see a result from the changes we make to our physical environment, in my practice typically there's some co-incidence within about 72 hours that tells my clients they are on the right track.

Having stuff that's two weeks old is good! Well done you!!! :-) It's the stuff that's months, even years old that's the problem. You can look at it and ask yourself, am I going to do this? If so schedule it in your diary, if not let it go. Funnily enough it's easier with more recent stuff than the projects we have had hanging around for ages, it's like well I've kept it this long so it must be worth keeping. A colleague of my gathers it all up in a box, if she hasn't looked at it in 6 months it goes in the bin, if she wants it in the meantime, she can just go to the box rummage through and retrieve whatever it is she needs.

There is another little saying that might be of interest along the same lines, move 27 things and change your life. When I first heard this I was desperate for change, I wasn't happy in my relationship and I wasn't enjoying my job, I used to sit and work out how I could earn enough money not to have to go to work ever again, along the way I've found that it's a lot less than most people think!

My dilemma, did the dining room table and 6 chairs count as one item or seven? I decided one, remember I was desperate for change. Within weeks I had enrolled at the Western School of Feng Shui and was in San Diego studying, On my return to Australia I discovered a demand for my services and in 12 months I quit my job and then after a few more months I left my relationship. During the same period of time my husband (now ex) had found a job that combined his two loves aeroplanes and computers. Today we both do stuff we love, have moved on in our lives and no longer act out of guilt and obligation to each other.

Also if you (or anyone else reading this) would like to contact me direct please use the contact form on the website. I endeavor to respond promptly, however I'm having a few days away over the Christmas period so there may be a few days delay.

Enjoy the journey! Debra :-)
Debra Jarvis

Postby Claire McFee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:09 pm

I Love, Love Love all your tips Debra.
I too work so much more productively and happily when my space is clutter free - both in the home and office.
My mind feels weighed down and can't concentrate otherwise. It's important to get all the mind clutter out of our heads and onto paper too isn't it.
I would love to include your tips in an upcoming newsletter of mine - with full credit of course!
regards, :)
Claire McFee
Creator Organize Your Life Household Organizer http://www.organizeyourlife.com.au
Author Organize Your Health and Wellbeing Naturally http://www.organizeyourlife.com.au/health-wellbeing
Claire McFee

Postby Debra Jarvis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Claire, and I Love your feedback! Thank You!!! :D

Would be delighted for you to use my material in your newsletter with credit given.

Also happy to write articles specifically for you if you provide topic and word count.

Looking forward to connecting again soon! Kind regards, Debra :-)
Debra Jarvis

Postby Claire McFee » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am

Great Debra. Thanks. May take you up on that next year. Looking forward to a month off over the school holidays...
Would love something on the topic of feng shui in relation to goal setting perhaps? 500 words approx.
No rush.
Bye for now,
Claire McFee
http://www.organizeyourlife.com.au
Claire McFee

Previous

Return to Guest Experts