Welcome Nat Smith - Business You Were Born To Create

This Forum invites a number of experts to be a guest for one week and control discussions on specific topics. The public can gain a great deal of free information from reading the posts, but only members may write posts, add to discussions and ask and answer questions. I hope that everyone enjoys the forums and topics that will be featured.
Barbara Gabogrecan
President

Re: Welcome Nat Smith - Business You Were Born To Create

Postby Nat Smith » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Tina

Wow what a story. It bought tears to my eyes as I read your post... thankyou. I really felt the truth of it all. I am really glad that you created me to write what I have this week so you could get the insights you needed... well done! ;)

I am a firm subscriber to the notion that all physical aliments have their roots in emotional metaphysical areas. A broken ankle is a sign that you need more flexibility in your life as ankles have to do with mobility and direction. How interesting you are now feeling limited in mobility and having to stand still for awhile and see where you are at... let you catch up to you to perhaps see a different direction? The hardest thing we will ever do is take the time to face ourselves and our feelings, and not run from them. But there in lies our ultimate freedom! I believe most sickness is for just that... having to stop and face something internally and awaken the freedom beyond it. Sometimes it is the only time we do ever stop or slow down enough or life to catch up with us!

To me a 'proper' job (always love that term - like a business is not that!) is most unhelpful if you know it is not your path, no matter what your emotional state is! ;) Don't tell me... the people that said that to you are employed themselves?! :lol: Amazing the projections of our own greatest fears out onto others. Yes often our loved ones and closest friends means so well, but are often the hardest to deal with on this journey of following your truth... don't I know that!

Thankyou for sharing Tina. You are a beautiful soul.

Much love
Nx
Nat Smith is an Author, Host of the Into-Me-I-See TV & Radio Shows, & the Publisher of the monthly Into-Me-I-See Digital Magazine. After a career in the Australian Federal Police, Nat embarked on a journey of self-discovery after several life changes. A decade later, Nat founded the Into-Me-I-See brand. She now lives her dream life of no fixed residency, professionally housesitting & staying in some amazing places around the world. For more info please go to http://SeeIntoMe.com
Nat Smith

Postby Nat Smith » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 am

Welcome back… last day!

I hope you have en-joyed reading as much as I have writing this week. It has been really fun! Thanks for the opportunity Barb… you’re a gem! :mrgreen:

Okay let’s get a last few things in and then I will talk about what Jodie and I are up to now traveling around… just for some final fun inspiration! :P

RECEIVING
The important one! If we do not know how to gratefully receive we will eventually run out of juice. We have talked about this this week already; we must top up our tanks and feel overflowing ourselves to be able to truly give to others.

Many of us have issues around receiving; it can bring up all sorts of things like being undeserving and guilt; so much so it can really put a stop to the flow of not only cash but abundance in all forms, like the perfect clients and deals.

More recently I have taken a different viewpoint from my more traditional guilty feeling. Now I chose to see that whatever flows to me is meant to be for me on my journey, and it actually hasn’t come FROM the person who is giving it to me, but rather THROUGH them FROM the Universe (my Higher Self).

Sometimes abundance will come to us in weird unexplained ways; two years ago I had over $12000 mysteriously disappear from a credit card debt and never be put back on. It is funny how you react when these sorts of things happen… do you question it or take it as a gift. I chose to take it as a gift... without question! ;)

By having this new viewpoint on abundance I have been able to focus on being grateful for things that come into my space, and really thanking the person (or bank!) from the heart for their contribution to my experience, rather than the traditional reaction of being sheepish and coy about it all, that really helps no one in the end.

Let someone’s giving to you, be your heartfelt connection with them instead.

TALL POPPY SYNDROME AND THE ‘VICTIM’
Beliefs like ‘Tall Poppy Syndrome’ which can be quite prevalent in Australia for some reason, can subconsciously hold you back from getting right out there with your work, knowing that you might just succeed… then what would family and friends think? Especially if they don’t see themselves as a success.

So many of us have a subtle, but an ever present feeling of ‘victim’ running just under the surface of our life. It is a silent killer of all things inspirational for us, and so often we find ourselves sabotaging even our greatest of efforts without even knowing why.

Be alert to the ‘victim’ you and others play… it is one of the greatest games of the ego; ‘If I am a victim, I am more significant and gain attention and recognition even if it is negative’ – the ego does not care if it is positive or negative attention, as long it gets attention. It plays out in so many ways… this person ‘cut me off at the lights, the bank made me pay more fees, I had to wait in line all lunch hour’… right through to ‘he cheated on me, or my business partner ripped me off’.

If you are the creator of your reality, it is impossible for you to be a victim. It is a story, and a dangerous story at that, that many of us have bought into. Take responsibility for ALL of your reality, both good and bad, and then you take back the power to create it as you desire. This was probably the one main thing that has turned my/our life around from our time in Dubai.

‘Why would I create things I don’t like?’ you may ask… because somehow it is serving you… even helping you play a victim perhaps and keep your story alive. Ask yourself what you are getting out of everything you dislike about your situations, and do not stop until you have the truth… NOTHING happens without it serving you in some way. That is the TRUTH!

You will never truly help anyone by holding yourself back and playing victim. Whilst it might be seen as the ‘nice’ thing to do, to keep yourself at the same level as all your peers, all your peers are dying to be more than they are anyway. No one gets up in the morning and wishes they were less, or even the same, as they were yesterday. And nor should you; we are programmed for growth and expansion. Get out and lead the way so others may see what is possible for them. Giving yourself permission to be great, automatically gives permission for those around you to be great also. Now that is ‘truly’ helping and serving your friends and peers!

DO NOT ‘FIT IN’!

You are not here to fit into this world… you are here to create new ones.

And this is the power you have. You already have it. You do not have to go and find it, it is WHO you are. You just have to ‘remember’ it. This is called the ‘Remembrance Process’ in ancient Sufi teachings as well as many other Eastern practices.

We have the ability to see new realities in our minds eye and then bring that into this world… indeed this is what the world needs now in this time. Visionaries who no longer look to see what is already in reality to determine what can be, but look to the unseen and add that to present reality.

My knowing is that we are all here to create new empires… new things that have never been created before. Not to follow everyone else, but to question everything of how things are now, to take what existing parts feel true to US and then use that to create our own new reality. Not how it HAS TO or SHOULD look according to the world, but how we would LOVE our business and lives in all areas to look.

As home based business owners we have such an unbelievable opportunity to create all that we love in our lives. To make our business our life, as our business is doing what we love. To get to a point where business and life are one, where you no longer go to work, but go to play, bringing more joy and inspiration to our families and into the world in the service of humanity, whatever your unique expression of that is.

Where you are so tapped into your inner heartfelt knowing and so guided by your own intuition as to the right path for YOU, that nothing in the outside world will sway you off this path. When the voice in your head is louder than the voices on the outside, you have indeed mastered your life.

This does not mean we do not listen to people and new opportunities that come across our path as business people, in fact the opposite. We open to everything on our path, (love is inclusive remember) every new business idea that comes in, but we just check in with ourselves in every moment asking is this true for ME? It may be true for Joe Bloggs and even worked out really well for him, but it this true for ME?

OUR LIFE NOW…
Well we have come full circle this week. From story, to some insights and learnings, and now back to story. So what is happening for us now?

Well it would be pretty safe to say our life now is completely opposite to what it was this time last year, actually only six months ago in fact.

Towards the end of winding up our company in Dubai and after what seemed like millions of hours of soul searching, Jodie and I decided to start a digital magazine. Actually it came about by default (well not really, but you know what I mean!), as a friend of our was publishing one and he had written an article in his magazine about my time in the Federal Police; so when were chatting to him about that we also chatted about the whole magazine idea. It was something we had toyed with for sometime as I love to write (obviously!), and we just love to speak and connect with people about consciousness and Self Acceptance. So from that conversation our magazine was born.

After spending many months floundering in our other business, the magazine just completely flowed immediately upon deciding to do it. Ideas came to us, themes rolled out of us, contributors came to us, and we had content coming out of our ears. And this is how it should be when you do what you love… effortless flow. Work, but effortless flow work.

We initially put our magazine out on Ipad as a paid subscription. Then one day, after putting several issues out, we sat there and both of us questioned whether we should just make it free… so that there are no restrictions on anyone being able to have the information. This was one example of an intuitive knowing as opposed to a logical decision… there certainly was no logic around having no money and now taking away a potential income source. But we could not deny the feeling we both had, so we followed it and things went boom… of course!

People started downloading the magazine and were sharing it. Within days new opportunities were pouring in around it.

Whilst all this was happening, I kept having this weird visual come to me - Jodie and I were driving down a country laneway towards an old stone town. This visual plagued me… over and over I had this same short video come up in my mind for months at random times :roll: The funny thing was I knew it was in France. I had never been to France at that time and had no great idea about the countryside other than what I would have seen on travel shows and the like. So I just took note and we continued to wonder what it was showing us.

Then, towards the end of last year, in our infinite wisdom, and after much hounding from me, Jodie and I signed up to the Trusted Housesitters website and put up our profile. We are both travellers from way back, long before we got together. As we became very clear in Dubai about what we didn’t want, it was becoming clearer that travel was a non-negotiable element of what we DID want our lives to incorporate. Both of us being gypsies by nature, and neither of us wanting a place to call ‘home’ in a geographical sense, housesitting became an awesome and obvious option for us… it gave us a reason to travel (which we both wanted, not just travel for the sake of travel), staying in places for a few weeks or months so we got to spend some time getting to know locals and the real culture, but not staying too long to get boring, all rent free and looking after animals which we both missed having in our lives… perfect in every way! Funny that! :)

We took some time on the site, added in all our details, got some testimonials, some photos and a video of us talking to camera about our backgrounds. Since then it has been flow all the way. Talk about doing what you are meant to be doing!

We left Dubai (Relief!!) In February bound for London. After staying our first night there in a B&B we have had back to back housesits ever since. We had two amazing terraces to look after in London with dates matching perfectly. Then we got a housesit in country France, where we are now; amongst the vineyards and old stone villages, is it exactly like the picture I kept having all those months ago. It formed into reality!

In early August we fly back to London for five weeks to look after the two fat cats of the second housesit we did previously (now they are going housesitting in Europe… it’s catching!), then we go straight to Gabriola Island in Canada, off the Vancouver coast to look after a B&B right on the water… it looks gorgeous.

The other night we also found out we are off to Coast Rica after our time in Canada to spend time in the jungle near the beach, looking after two dogs and a cat. That was a funny story actually… the other day we were walking the dogs here and we went past a quad bike. I said to Jodie I have never been on one but I would absolutely love to and we talked about it for awhile. Two nights later we got the housesit in Costa Rica… the only transport the lady has is a quad bike which we will have full use of! I just laughed… and danced abit!

Our housesitting lifestyle is a prime example of opening up to all that you love; it has so many elements that are true for us and how we desire to live. And it has flowed. Everyday new housesits come in via email that you can apply for. We look at the photos and description, feel into the place and if it feels good we apply. Just about everyone of them has said yes to us after we go through the skype ‘interview’ process, and for every one of them so far we have had our dates match up exactly. By the time we finish in Coast Rica we will have paid for one nights accommodation (the B&B in London) in nine months. Now that is effortless flow living doing what you love! :D

Everyday we are filling our lives with more and more of what we love, always getting more and more defined about what that incorporates and letting go of things that do not fit that criteria. We still have challenges and dramas come up about all sorts of things, especially in business, and we don’t always hear our intuition guidance completely clearly, but the challenges and dramas have become so much more just bumps along the track, now that we feel love for ourselves and our life.

In the three months we have been here in France, combining our work (play!) with relaxing and enjoying ourselves (more play!), a lot has unfolded in our business in a short space of time. We have been invited to broadcast a TV show on ENN out of the US, been given a radio Show slot on Motivational Radio (both of which we have commenced), created products, done our website and sales funnels, I am just finishing editing my first book to be published, and we are now in the process of creating a 365 day course on Unconditional Self Acceptance. It has been work for sure, but it is amazing how productive you can be when you do what you love, put yourself out there, take time out for you, allow things to flow through you, open to opportunity to come to you, follow your intuition, let go of things that do not inspire you and more than anything having fun in the process!

And well, as they say in showbiz ‘That’s a rap’ :o No!

I do hope that you have gained some insights and inspiration from my story and sharing this week… God knows our Dubai experience has to help someone besides us after all that craziness!! :lol:

In closing, do not fall for what your head has always told you to be true about you and your world (believe me that doesn’t work!). Question everything and ask ‘is this really true for ME’ then feel into the answer of that. Do not ‘think’ the answer; your head is just dying to give the answer it always gives you. ‘FEEL’ the answer and YOUR truth.

And above all, BE who you love when you do what you do!

Much heartfelt love to you all, and I hope to connect with you somewhere on this magnificent playground called Planet Earth soon…

Nx ;)
Nat Smith is an Author, Host of the Into-Me-I-See TV & Radio Shows, & the Publisher of the monthly Into-Me-I-See Digital Magazine. After a career in the Australian Federal Police, Nat embarked on a journey of self-discovery after several life changes. A decade later, Nat founded the Into-Me-I-See brand. She now lives her dream life of no fixed residency, professionally housesitting & staying in some amazing places around the world. For more info please go to http://SeeIntoMe.com
Nat Smith

Postby Vonny Sudiman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Glad the Costa Rica and Canada house sitting are coming up for you. You and Jodie will have fun I am sure.

Love xo
Vonny
Vonny Sudiman

Postby Nat Smith » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:22 am

No doubt Vonny :P Really looking forward to those ones... places neither of us have been before.

Much love
Nx
Nat Smith

Postby Barbara Gabogrecan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:39 am

It is hard for me to say something that thanks Nat in a heartfelt and honest appraisal of what she has offered us. Regardless of how many people wrote in response to her posts - it is really only necessary for one person to express that what Nat has written has opened her heart and will lead her in another more satisfying direction. You may think that it is disappointing not to have more people write in these posts - but many more are reading with over 100 so far.

I personally found lots of simple statements made by Nat have touched my heart and have made me stop and think. One in particular was that the things we do not like about others is probably what we do not like about ourselves....Mmmmm In my book 'Thank God I Had a Stroke' I speak about one patient who suffered from multiple scoliosis and was an annoying and apparently heartless person who aggravated me immensely. I am now trying to figure out just what she did that I probably do too and that is why I was so annoyed with her.

Thank you Nat for taking so much time to write such powerful messages for us to think about and hopefully respond to in our personal loves. If an act of greatness is the ability to make people change their lives for the better - I think you are 'great'!

Have a wonderful time on France and the other places you journey to and please stay in touch! You may even find time to leave a comment in this Froum from time to time.

Warm wishes
Barb
Barbara Gabogrecan assists HBB's to market their business online
http://www.HomeBasedBusinessAustralia.org

Barbara is an artist specialising in silk painting; her video is on page one of You Tube http://youtu.be/1ZA9HObN_Go
http://www.SilkPaintingByGabogrecan.com/

Having survived a stroke and a brain tumour, Barbara wrote a book titled 'Thank God I Had a Stroke' to motivate and inspire others suffering from similar afflictions.
http://GabogrecanStrokeRecovery.com/
Barbara Gabogrecan

Postby Nat Smith » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 am

Hi Barb

First and foremost... thankyou so much for such a great opportunity to write for all your wonderful people this week... it has truly been an honour for me. I got so much out of the process.

It was so interesting to watch what played out for me throughout the week, and so much about what we spoke about this week was actually playing out for me as the week progressed. A few times I watched my ego really crave someone to comment and recognise me earlier in the week, some feedback as to how I was going. I started to question if what I was writing was appropriate and actually what people wanted to read about. I felt good whilst I was writing it but still the head came into question it. I reminded myself (several times!) that it was about what I was feeling whilst I wrote it, not so much about what was being written - just like I had been writing about! :D By about Thursday I consciously decided to see the game I had been playing up until then, and put a stop to the anguish I was causing myself by questioning what I was writing, by just writing and not questioning it any longer. It worked. My writing flowed alot better and some comments came in. Such a game we play with ourselves sometimes!

The other big point for me was it was quite a cathartic exercise writing about Dubai; it was the first time I had, and I think it has really helped both Jodie and I let go of any final guilt or stuff around it. To see what we both really got out of it now and where we are now at as a result of that process. So thankyou!

And yes I will be sure to drop by and say hi in some future writings… Love to!

Barb, I would love to have you on our TV show at some stage too to chat about your stroke and how it has changed your life if you are up for it? :) You can let me know...

Thankyou Barb and thankyou everyone... it has been an awesome experience :P

Love and Light
Nx
Nat Smith

Postby Barbara Gabogrecan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:41 am

It certainly can seem disappointing to guest experts when they do not get many write comments - BUT as so many read the comments - I think that speaks for itself. Unfortunately everyone is so busy, they just do not find time to write - their loss I'm afraid. One of our members last week sent me an email about another guest speaker, which said "After all the work the guest expert puts into the posts, it is such a shame that more do not write comments, even though it is amazing how many readers they receive."

So, I'm sorry if you were a bit worried Nat about the poor written response - what you had to say was terrific and I have received private emails telling me how good you were. Your ego is intact!
Warm wishes
Barb
Barbara Gabogrecan assists HBB's to market their business online
http://www.HomeBasedBusinessAustralia.org

Barbara is an artist specialising in silk painting; her video is on page one of You Tube http://youtu.be/1ZA9HObN_Go
http://www.SilkPaintingByGabogrecan.com/

Having survived a stroke and a brain tumour, Barbara wrote a book titled 'Thank God I Had a Stroke' to motivate and inspire others suffering from similar afflictions.
http://GabogrecanStrokeRecovery.com/
Barbara Gabogrecan

Postby Nat Smith » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 pm

All perfect in the grand scheme of things! ;) Those that are meant to read will do so. I guess this is a classic example of what we spoke about during the week... doing something because you love it and then you do not have worry about what outcome you get... it is all about the journey and the love of it :P Good to see the Universe delivered the example for everyone! :lol:
Nat Smith

Previous

Return to Guest Experts