Welcome Warren Harmer Business planning Why What When How

This Forum invites a number of experts to be a guest for one week and control discussions on specific topics. The public can gain a great deal of free information from reading the posts, but only members may write posts, add to discussions and ask and answer questions. I hope that everyone enjoys the forums and topics that will be featured.
Barbara Gabogrecan
President

Re: Welcome Warren Harmer Business planning Why What When How

Postby Anne Morton » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Warren
This is amazing information you are offering and thank you very much for your comments. We are one of those small businesses that have never had a business plan and things went along very nicely in the beginning without any planning at all. But now, a long time later, we do need something on paper and to use it and rely on it so that we can plan for our future and retirement. I will be going through all your advice and putting it into practice to build our own business plan, and to apply it too.
Thank you
Anne Morton
Anne Morton
Lifestyle Video Productions
www.lifestylevideos.com.au
AVPA Accredited Member (Special Event)
Winner 2008 AVPA National Awards - Stage Production-School
Winner 2006 AVPA National Awards - Documentary Category 2
Anne Morton

Postby Geoff Haw » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Hullo Warren,

I suppose it's a case of better late than never, but I have enjoyed reading your various posts over several days this past week, even though it's taken me till Sunday to find a few moments to respond. The thing that strikes me most is that virtually everything that you say is such common sense. It's not rocket science, and I think that your analogy of setting out for a trip requiring a map is just so obvious. Yet so many of us are guilty of failing to follow the old adage, If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

At the end of the day, or week, or month, or year, our guide to progress is the degree to which we have succeeded in following our plan. Of course, if there's no plan, how would we know?

The comment that you made earlier in the week that hit home to me was to look after yourself first. Yes, I know that the first thing that we should do is extract our own remuneration from the income, but for some weird reason, I suspect that there are several who just don't do that. So if there's not much left after other outgoings have been met, there won't be much left for us.

As my good friend Dr Greg Chapman says, if we are running a business but not really generating enough income to keep ourselves afloat, we not running a business, but more like a charity. That is not my ideal in life or business!!!

So thank you for reminding us over this past week of the many basic but essential rules of planning success for our business.

I will personally make a fresh effort to ensure I follow your clear goals in running a business, and I'm confident that the many people who have read your comments will do the same - even if they didn't actually make their own comments.

Best wishes, Geoff
________________________________________________________________________________
Dr Geoff Haw FACE CMC D.Arts M.Ed. Grad Dip Ed Admin TPTC Cert. IV Training & Assessment
Managing Director, Sagacity Services
PO BOX 4007 NARRE WARREN SOUTH VIC 3805
T: +61 3 5998 4932 M: 0418 580 081
E: geoff@sagacityservices.com.au
• Civil Celebrant / MC: www.celebratetoremember.com
• Job Applications
• Writer / Editor: www.writeyourlifestory.com.au
• Trainer: Public Speaking / Leadership
W: www.sagacityservices.com.au
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Sagacity (sə-gās'ĭ-tē) incorporates both knowledge and wisdom gained through experience, as in the quality of being discerning, sound in judgment and far-sighted.
Geoff Haw

Postby Warren Harmer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi Geoff

I just want to say thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts last week. The response has been very good.

Warren
[color=#00BF40]Where to find Dr Warren Harmer
If you would like help with your small business, my business consulting company crecer.com.au
My small business blog: www.big-small-business.com
Facebook: Crecer
Twitter: @warrenharmer
LinkedIn: drwarrenharmer
[/color]
Warren Harmer

Postby Warren Harmer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Geoff

I just want to say thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts last week.

Warren
If you would like help with your small business, my business consulting company crecer.com.au
[/color]
Warren Harmer

Postby Warren Harmer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Anne,

thanks to you too. I am really pleased I have made an impact.

Warren
[/color]
Warren Harmer

Previous

Return to Guest Experts